Mystery: June 21, 2010

I have been struggling to find a nice and witty way to write about this, but words fail me.

So, for your enjoyment I submit the following note found on the floor of my classroom, by the back door, after lunch hour today.


I was intrigued.  Unfolding the sorry looking piece of paper revealed a note that was longer by at least 100 words than any piece of formal writing I have had the dubious joy of receiving as an English teacher in Korea.

 

As far as I know, I am still in possession of all my footwear.
The only possibility of stealing my shoes would be if one were to remove them from my feet.
The sincerity of this note, however, did cause me to check again, just to be sure that they were still there.

I am not sure what to make of this note.
I shall keep you all (yes, you, dear readers) posted regarding this matter.
Even if the writer of this note is a little misinformed as to the whereabouts of my sizable land-boats are (UK 12 : Korean 310), I am touched by the effort that some boy went to in order to convey this information.

Until I manage to clear up this mystery I will entertain myself with fantasies of kids turning up at the bottom of the school's swimming pool, their ankles cast in concrete slabs - the work, it goes without saying, of a terrible gang of shoe thieves that has emerged at ShinSung High School; and of the opposing team of vigilante super nerds who have arisen to protect the hapless and up-sized Native Teacher in their midst.

Epic.


2 comments:

Walton said...

This is hilarious. So this was a high school student's writing? Surprising.
Will you report this little incident to the Korean teacher?

DimiNamu said...

Um, perhaps once I have slightly more than very tired looking note on yellow paper.
After all, I still have my shoes...

Post a Comment

Weighty thoughts? Unburden your brain here!

Followers


Template Brought by :

blogger templates